Pages

Sunday 12 July 2015

Amazing friends

Hello readers
I'm going to save my post on semi self sufficiency when it comes to food for another day and instead just update you on what we have been up to the last few days. Yesterday I popped up to see my lovely friend J who helped me into town as I've been pretty wobbly on the old pins of late. Whilst in town we ran into our friendly mayor and mayoress who were promoting a free event up at the laverton. It was all about the war and they had people dressed in the period, lots of activities, and the chance to dress up yourself. As Ben was not particularly interested and I was not feeling my best I did not go along to the event but my friend J did. J's son L is fascinated with the war so this was a really good opportunity for him to learn a little more about the subject. J took lots of photos and it looks as though L had a wonderful time. Here are a couple of pictures of people dressed in the period.....









Last night my sweet tooth kicked in so I decided to make a chocolate cake and some smarties biscuits....


Very easy and cheap to make


Will satisfy a sweet craving :)


Baby has been sat by my side the last few days as she always does when she senses I'm unwell. There has been a little bit of jealousy between baby and Elle but nothing to bad or that could not be handled. The problem is they both love their mumma very much and both wanted to comfort me at the same time lol.....


Butter wouldn't melt hey ? lol


Ben has been keeping me entertained with the occasional game of chess


Today we went to J's for Sunday dinner we had roast pork, veggies, and roast potatoes and it was delicious. After dinner J's lovely husband I took me shopping before dropping us home. There wasn't much in the way of yellow stickers today but I did manage to get 2 loaves of bread at 25p a loaf and 8 pots of whipping cream at 9p a pot. All have been stored in the freezer for use at a later date. I am truly blessed to have some pretty amazing friends in my life :)

Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday
Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment